Hey! I'm Tyree
I’m Tyree Nelson. I was born and raised in Indiana, attended college in Alabama, and went on to law school in California, where I met my husband Sam and put down roots.
I’ve lived in Orange County for over 20 years now, and though the weather can’t be beat, I must say Midwesterners are without a doubt the nicest, most down to earth people you’ll ever meet. I’m really proud to be from there.
Sam and I have been married 16 years. We’ve navigated some tough times as a married couple, but I’m more in love with him now than I ever was or thought possible. We love working together and we make a great team. I’m really thankful God brought us together.
We have one son, Noah, who is a freshman in high school. Watching him grow up and become independent is hard, but he’s a great kid with a huge heart and I’m really proud of him. I’m grateful for all he has taught and continues to teach me.
We’re a host family with Safe Families for Children, one of the best organizations in the world (in my humble opinion).
I’m here because I’d like to share my passions, as well as what I’ve learned through both my struggles and my victories. I’m glad you’re here too. Let’s do this!
More About Rizzle
- My sister-in-law Kate gave me the nickname “Tyrizzle”. Shortened to “Rizzle”. Further shortened to “Rizz”. And occasionally lengthened to “Rizzle Bizzle”.
- One of my all-time favorite views is palm trees against a sunset sky.
- I’m a True Crime and psychological thriller junkie.
- I love the smell of campfires and roasted marshmallows.
- I love all things autumn. I miss that season most of all. Pumpkin spice coffee, fall leaves, crisp air, and Halloween. I LOVE Halloween.
- I love peanut butter. My husband makes THE best peanut butter milkshakes. I did not know this before I married him. Jackpot.
- I love health and fitness. But I also love sweets, so… there’s that.
- I enjoy deep conversation. I ask lots of questions, sometimes too personal. I think that’s a turnoff for some people.
- One of my favorite things is enjoying a glass of wine and great conversation with a girlfriend.
- Sam and I went through unexplained secondary infertility. It was some of the hardest and most confusing years of my life.
- One thing I’m most proud of in my life is my marriage. I look around a see a lot of failed or failing marriages, and I’m grateful that Sam and I continue to work through our junk and meet each other’s needs and keep the spark alive.
- I love Jesus. I can’t imagine going through life with all its challenges and injustices without faith that Someone Else (Someone far, far better and wiser) is in control and someday it will all be made right.